April 03, 2006

Five Point Someone - My Alma Mater of Book Reading

Finallly, Officially i finsihed my first book of career till date. To brief you with my background i am a engineer thankfully first Class from a C grade(thats my rating) plz dun argue. Since class 8th i have PC @ home. Thanks Papa its cuz of u i m here. Day one PC came home. Career option was decided- got to be computer engineer come wat ever. From that point onwards i have been a above avg student i would call one who is scoring 75% approx. never been able to finish course(my Studies). got thrashing from parents. Teachers always loved me. Sweet cute sardar boy. No Longer. Only thing i could digest have to be related to computers. Though wasnt tat gud at programming but still was among dudes in school.

Ne ways I have never read a book in life. Except Shiv Khera You can Win! Dad wanted me type few extracts for his presentations so i liked and read it more. (till date havent finsihed it).

At school I was forced to read Hardy Boys write book review. I just hated reading books(By the way i use to copy what was written on last cover page) . While preparing for CAT was told by faculty to get into reading habit(something like Agata Christy or Richard Bach, i had never heard of there names) . And all i could digest was Digit, Computers @ home, DataQuest etc.

Just got hold of this book in pune bookshop so thought will buy it. But another frnd had a copy of it at home so i just managed to borrow it. I always used to laugh at people n think what is there in these novels that keep them sticked to it like magnet or fevicol. But i realized yesterday it is some power i couldnt wait to finsh this book "Five point someone" had journey of 3 hrs from pune to mumbai. then also i woke till 5 , got late for office . Until i finished i couldnt sleep. May be because it was all engineers life. I could understand wat they were saying. ne ways 1 thing is far sure i m going to write a book review myself on this one.
Cheers....
Congrats my english teacher ur student is grown up now.

No comments: